Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bad Credit Mortgages Are Available in Ontario if you have Some Home Equity

There have been a number of changes to the way financial institutions are lending money in Ontario. As recently as 5 years ago, there were a number of financial mortgage options for individuals with bad credit.

In recent years the Canadian Government, banks and other major lending institutions have tightened guidelines, in many cases not granting bad credit mortgages at all. This is a good stride for the Canadian economy but that is of little consolation to those who have accumulated debt and need help.

Bad credit mortgages are still available, they are just not offered by as many retail financial institutions. Lenders, who offer bad credit mortgages, are primarily trust companies, finance companies and private lenders. Many of these institutions only lend their money through mortgage brokers.

To qualify for a bad credit mortgage you will need to have equity in your home. In most cases, bad credit mortgages will only be granted for up to 75% to 85% of the value of the home. Bad credit mortgages are also referred to as equity mortgages.

Conversely if you need a bad credit mortgage to purchase a home, you will need 20%-25% down payment to qualify.

The typical process of applying for a bad credit mortgage is:

1. An application is made to a mortgage broker
2. Upon approval, an appraisal will be ordered on your property
3. If the appraisal comes in at value you will sign a “mortgage commitment”
4. The file will then be sent to a real-estate lawyer to close the deal
5. You will sign with the lawyer
6. Funds will be dispersed.

The bad credit mortgage process takes about 3-4 weeks and is a great way to raise money to consolidate debt or pay for home renovations. Bad credit mortgages often bear less interest than unsecured credit products, such as credit cards or lines of credit.

On top of that, if you use your home equity to pay off debt and build stronger credit, your bank may consider taking over your bad credit mortgage in the future. For more information about bad credit mortgages in Ontario visit http://www.gtamortgagematters.com/

17 comments:

  1. I will like to thank you for the particular efforts you’ve created for this post. I have got some important information for it. And the information discussed in the post is very important for us.
    Bad Credit Mortgage Ontario

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this useful information. These tips are seems to be more useful to me. It helps to find the home available Bad Credit Mortgage Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very useful information for me. I am totally agree with you. I am recently join your blog and i got some important information about the BadCredit Mortgage in Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is nice blog. It seems to very helpful to me it also help to others. In this blog got imformation about theBad Credit Mortgage Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am genuinely thankful to the holder of this web page who has shared this wonderful paragraph at at this place Mortgage Broker Near Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work! First Time Buyer Mortgage Broker

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work! Mortgage Broker Near Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention. Mortgage Broker Near Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work! Mortgage Broker Near Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was surfing net and fortunately came across this site and found very interesting stuff here. Its really fun to read. I enjoyed a lot. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information. Buy To Let Mortgage Broker Near Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nqt Mortgage When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Newly qualified teacher mortgage When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your.

    ReplyDelete
  13. First-time home buyer florida I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete